This procedure is performed on patients that would like their face to be rejuvenated giving them a younger looking appearance. It removes lines and sagging skin by surgically tightening the skin.
A face lift usually takes several hours or more. The exact placement of incisions and the sequence of events depend on your facial structure and your surgeon’s technique. Incisions usually begin above the hairline at the temples, extend in a natural line in front of the ear (or just inside the cartilage at the front of the ear), and continue behind the ear lobe to the lower scalp. If the neck needs work, a small incision may also be made under the chin.
Your plastic surgeon may discuss with you additional procedures that can be performed along with a face lift in order to address all the concerns you have identified. For example, a face lift is frequently combined with a forehead lift, eyelid surgery, nose reshaping, etc.
Time: 4-6 hours
Type of Anaesthesia: General
Stay In Hospital: 2 nights
Follow Up: 1 week after surgery
Pre / Post Surgery Information
Three weeks prior to surgery:
- Quit smoking
- Avoid medications, supplements, vitamins, herbs and red wine (unless prescribed by your medical practitioner
- Be at your ideal weight
- Ensure you are healthy both physically and mentally
- Follow your surgeons care instructions
- Take all medications and antibiotics as prescribed
- Avoid rigorous exercise
- Wear support Garments
- Massage for up to 6 months the affected area