This procedure is normally performed for people who have tired and droopy eyes. It eliminates upper folds and lower bags.
Eyelid surgery is a procedure to remove fat, usually along with excess skin and fat. The surgeon will make an incision on the drawn marks or on the crease of the upper eyelid. It depends on the amount of skin needed to be removed, and other factors. It is usually performed as an out – patient case. The nurse will give you cold compress to reduce swelling and bruising.
Time: 1-3 hours
Type of Anaesthesia: General or Local
Stay In Hospital: 1 night
Follow Up: 1 week after surgery
Pre / Post Surgery Information
Three weeks prior to surgery:
- Quit smoking
- Avoid medications, supplements, vitamins, herbs and red wine (unless prescribed by your medical practitioner
- Be at your ideal weight
- Ensure you are healthy. Physically and mentally
- Follow your surgeons care instructions
- Take all medications and antibiotics as prescribed
- Keep head elevated
- Wear sunglasses to protect from Sun and Wind