This procedure is normally performed on women after having children or on mature ladies. The lift generally improves the sagging of the breast and can incorporate implants and nipple correction.
There are many variations to the design of incisions for the breast lift surgery. The size and shape of your breasts, size of your areolas, and extent of sagging are factors that will help your plastic surgeon determine the best technique for you.
The incision outlines the area from which breast skin will be removed and defines the new location for the nipple. When the excess skin has been removed, the nipple and areola are moved to a higher position. The skin surrounding the areola is then brought down and together to reshape the breast.
|Type of Anaesthesia:||General|
|Stay In Hospital:||2 nights|
|Follow Up:||1 week after surgery|
Pre / Post Surgery Information
Three weeks prior to surgery:
- Quit smoking
- Avoid medications, supplements, vitamins, herbs and red wine (unless prescribed by your medical practitioner
- Be at your ideal weight
- Ensure you are healthy. Physically and mentally
- Follow your surgeons care instructions
- Take all medications and antibiotics as prescribed
- Avoid rigorous exercise
- Wear support Garments
- Massage for up to 6 months the affected area