This procedure is used on patients that have areas of their bodies with large fat content and is the old method of removing fat deposits. It removes fat from areas like Buttocks, Inner and Outer thighs and Abdomen.
Fluid injection, a technique in which a medicated solution is injected into fatty areas before the fat is removed. The tumescent fluid – a mixture of intravenous salt solution, lidocaine (local anesthetic) and epinephrine. The size of the fluid that is injected varies on the preference of the surgeon.
|Type of Anaesthesia:||General|
|Stay In Hospital:||2 nights|
|Follow Up:||1 week after surgery|
Pre / Post Surgery Information
Three weeks prior to surgery:
- Quit smoking
- Avoid medications, supplements, vitamins, herbs and red wine (unless prescribed by your medical practitioner
- Be at your ideal weight
- Ensure you are healthy both physically and mentally
- Follow your surgeons care instructions
- Take all medications and antibiotics as prescribed
- Avoid rigorous exercise
- Wear support Garments
- Massage for up to 6 months the affected area